Friday, May 29, 2009

Legislation


It makes me so angry that for the past few years I have been complaining of small symptoms but was told a mammogram would do nothing as I'm too young. And so nothing else was done, but told don't worry about it, I'm young! Pointless redundancies! Well, like so many stories I see, I found a lump during a self exam and insisted in a doctor appt. the next day. That began my rollercoaster at age 39. I was diagnosed just weeks ago with Stage 3 aggressive breast cancer that has already spread. My surgeon commended me on my persistence to be taken seriously. I have 2 very young children and a life ahead of me that I'm not done with. I'm so encouraged to know that there is someone in government speaking up for all of us who are still not being heard! Doctors and insurance companies must be on board with this cause. If it’s about money which it always is, the insurance companies must realize they’d put out fewer dollars with prevention and education than into all the treatment dollars spent on people like me who by the time we’re diagnosed, need aggressive care.

Please read Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz's attempts to push legislation based on her personal struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment