Friday, September 4, 2009

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is not something you do solely for the person who hurt you—it is something you must do for yourself. Holding grievances against others invokes a chain reaction of negative feelings on the neurological level, creating a cycle of harmful energy.

By opening the heart and allowing grudges and anger to move through this boundless space, powerful healing can occur through meditation and prayer. Although it is not easy to move immediately or seamlessly from injury to pardon, practice and patience will lead you on the road to true forgiveness.

True, deep forgiveness accesses the recognition that all humans, however terrible or hurtful their actions, exist with basic goodness. This realization can transcend into an acknowledgement that we are all intertwined as part of a greater whole, and when we forgive someone else we are forgiving another part of ourselves.

What makes me whole and "healed" are these wisdom's of life. It is what I teach my sons and share with those who know me - it is my circle of life that defines me. I have broken down walls that were put up before me through keeping this wisdom. Behind those walls was fear. Fear keeps us from growing. Fear is negative energy. Forgiveness dissolves fear. It's never too late to grow! My love to all who have blessed my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment