Wednesday, August 26, 2009

40ish now!


Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes and donations to my cause! I love you all! Thank you for all the tireless support and things you all do. Every little note lifts my spirits, thank you!

I had a nice relaxing day with just a small gathering of family, good dinner, popped a cork and sat around a nice fire for the evening in great weather. Simple good times with people I love and watching my kids play means so much to me.

So glad Bob and I went out for that "fancy" dinner months ago when we could celebrate looking and feeling great, was not just having a "good day". We rely on that memory to cheer us up occasionally, but I am surprised by all the additional memories and good times even now on "bad days" with those I love. Being sick doesn't have to be lonely and depressing. Surrounding myself by those I love and reaching out openly with what we're going through was scary at first, but it has made a difference. Understanding the commitments everyone around me make repeatedly. It all makes the journey a winning one! I will heal, I will get to be "myself" again one day, for now, thank you for your patience, your tolerance, your love.

I received so many meaningful gifts of time, love and thoughtfulness! Thank you to all. Especially some important ones that make my experiences (chemotherapy symptoms) more palatable!! Turning 40 was fairly painless! I've had worse! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment